29 July 2026

Visits from my wood pigeon friend lately ...

What a beauty he is!




He also visits me on my bedroom balcony, and I've watched him courting a female there - puffing himself up enormously and giving full voice while she skittishly played hard to get - but didn't dare take a picture for fear of disturbing them.

Today he had company again, but with what I assumed was a male friend, as they looked about equal sized and there was no sexual swaggering going on.

Just two guys enjoying a drink and a swim together -




They followed each other in step, hopping and flitting from one perch to another. 

Catching them in flight is really hard with a phone camera -




but I do love the blurry effects -




Also, he left this gift behind for me, which obviously I've kept and will treasure -



Comments