5 August 2026

 Some moments and sights I appreciated today while walking miles around Bath again -




I thought how strange it is that the tourist crowds seem to gather in one small area of the city only, while only blocks away there's so much of interest that they're not seeing. A check-list of 'big sights' mentality?

Morning coffee today was in this aesthetic little courtyard of Morso, in Saville Row up at the northern edge of the city centre, where there were zero tourists in sight -

 


How I wish that Cambridge had as many truly good independent restaurants and cafés as Bath -




or as many streets like this for example (Green Street) crammed with interesting small food shops -




I walked back much later along the Avon past the weir -




back to the home from home I've been lucky enough to stay in, and taking a moment to appreciate it from the outside -



and found Woodstock appreciating the same views from the inside out -




Comments