25 July 2026
These are things I'll miss about the summer days in Belgium while I'm back in Cambridge:
Being in water.
In the pool I feel like my pigeon friend in the courtyard trough, immersing my whole body and flapping my wings in abandonment, for the joy of moving through water -
The solid, layered, ringed beauty of stones, millions (more?) years old, baking in the sun -
The view from under the fig tree in the late afternoon -
The jungle of green at the bottom of the garden (though this was taken before the big clean up around the great oak tree!) -
The view from the sofa -
The view from the kitchen window, with a good steak sizzling in the pan -
I'm glad that before I left, we potted the new agapanthus in more soil -
Next time I come, this blue one will be in full flower -
The view through the sun-shade from my train window -
Arriving at St Pancras. Here we are again.











Comments
Post a Comment