4 August 2026
Coffee this morning was at Landrace -
I was walking up the roads north-east of the city centre, parallel to the Avon - Walcot Road and the Paragon - where buildings like this stretch upwards for miles towards the green outskirts of Bath -
From there I turned west along Alfred Street
to the Circus, with the fabulous giant 200 year old London plane trees in the centre
Along Brock street with some of the nicest small shops in Bath
to the Royal Crescent, where the lawns were looking as dry and brown as everywhere in England right now -
and down the Royal Avenue through the park.
Back in the centre, I wandered around admiring the kind of considered city planning behind Bath's recent inner city development that has created these kinds of people-friendly spaces which blend so seamlessly into the historic centre. Rare in Britain.


I stopped for a coffee opposite the Pump Room, with feet aching from my long walk
before getting back to find kitty lounging photogenically on his cushion in the window seat, one paw dangling elegantly
He seems to enjoy picking his spots for pictures in his equally photogenic home.
The day ended well for us both, as we got the happy news that his parents are to be married.













Comments
Post a Comment